Are gallstones blocking the bile?
Gallstones (cholelithiasis) have a prevalence rate of 10 million cases in India annually. Gallstones are hardened deposits of bile that can decrease the quality of life. The condition is painful, and the solid mass of crystal can pose a huge problem for well-being. Being mindful about seeking the Gallbladder Stone Treatment In Ludhiana prompt ensures better results and the ease of handling the situation on time. The gallstones are different in size and number. Therefore, you need to be mindful about consulting the doctor on time and know the right treatment plan that you need to follow.
Am I at higher risk of gallbladder stones?
The viewpoint of one of the best Urologist is that the problem is more common among women as compared to men. Apart from that, some of the risk factors that increase the chances of undergoing gallbladder stone treatment are:
- Trying rapidly different weight loss diets
- Trying some medications that increase the risk
What are the causes of gallstones?
When you visit the best Gallbladder surgeon In Punjab, he will find out the cause, symptoms, size, and number of the gallbladder. Let’s understand what causes gallbladder stones:
- The gallbladder is the powerhouse of bile storage in the liver that allows the fat to digest. But, the problem can begin with gallstone occurrences that result in excess pain. Moreover, the risk of inflammation is higher.
- In case you are obese, there’s a higher possibility that the gallstone cannot go out of the body, which further causes problems. In such cases, the chances of pain alleviating are much higher.
What are the symptoms of gallstone?
Due to gallstones, the pain can occur in the abdominal area on the upper side of the body. There’s a possibility that pain increases when you are hungry or try to have a bowel movement. There’s even a possibility that the gallstone results in problems with proper flow through the bile duct, making pain higher. In such cases, the chances of pain lasting in the body can go up to a few hours or days.
How to treat gallstones?
The gallstone treatment depends upon different factors, which majorly include:
- How big is the gallstone?
- How is it formed?
- Is there any infection?
- Is the gallstone causing any blockage?
Depending on the condition, the doctor will tell you better whether to proceed with surgery right away or plan for the approach of medications.
Bear in mind the gallstone does not go away on its own. So, seeking treatment on time and ensuring the complications are managed properly becomes essential. Leaving the situation untreated can cause problems to a great extent.
What are the signs to consult a urologist?
Some of the major signs and symptoms that points towards consulting a urologist are:
- Chest pain
- Tenderness in chest
- Abdominal pain