Appendectomy surgery for appendicitis
Appendectomy is a surgical treatment for managing appendicitis or appendix inflammation. The appendix should be removed on time. Otherwise, the problem gets worse with time. The Laparoscopic Appendix Removal Surgery in Ludhiana is one of the safe, effective, and updated treatment options to reduce symptoms and address problems on time. At Khosla Stone Kidney & Surgical Centre, the expert team performs the entire process safely and effectively to improve your condition.
Appendectomy procedure: How is it done?
At one of the best Kidney hospital in Ludhiana, the procedure is performed in the most advanced way possible. The laparoscopic appendectomy uses a laparoscope that requires just 2 to 3 small incisions. The incisions are the entry point for the laparoscope, and it has a camera attached to it that displays everything to the surgeon. Therefore, the camera guides the surgeon to see the surgical site and perform the treatment. Moreover, the recovery time gets shorter. The technique is less invasive and has less recovery time.
During the initial consultation, ask the surgeon everything about the treatment, how it’s done to help you stay comfortable. Additionally, talk about any complications and how to prevent them.
What happens before appendectomy surgery?
During the initial consultation, the doctor will discuss the surgery thoroughly. And this is the time you ask about the recovery, risks, and procedure. For better diagnosis and treatment approach, the doctor performs several tests like:
- Urine tests
- Blood tests
Before surgery, you should not eat for 8 to 10 hours. Before the treatment begins, you need to tell the surgeon about the following:
- Pregnant at present
- Allergic to anything
- Had faced the problem of heart disease or blood clotting
What is it like to recover from appendectomy surgery?
Following recovery, you are under observation to check your vital signs. The total recovery time varies depending on which procedure you have undergone and your overall well-being. Although, in the case of advanced laparoscopic surgery, the patient can return home on the same day. After appendectomy surgery, you should:
- Take all necessary medications as told by the doctor.
- After laparoscopy surgery, the doctor asks you to get up and walk for a few hours.
- Initially, keep your diet as liquids and semi-liquids.
- You should seek professional assistance if you have difficulty following a proper diet plan. Diet is an essential part of your recovery.
- You have to visit the doctor for a proper recovery and progress check. The regular follow-ups are of huge help to tell you how to take care of yourself and if there’s any change you should make in your daily routine.
- Before you drive, work, or perform any strenuous activity, you must get the doctor’s assistance.
Schedule your initial consultation
Initial schedule consultation at Khosla Stone Kidney & Surgical Centre for your improved health.