For the urinary tract, the kidney is an important part. The function of the kidney in the human body is to separate the necessary fluids and waste. If it does not work properly, then a human will suffer from urine-related problems. The stones in the kidney also interrupt the function of the kidneys. The Urologist is known for treating the problems of the urinary tract. Some small surgeries can be claimed in some type of medical insurance.
Definition of kidney stones.
Kidney stones are hard deposits of minerals and salts that occur because of drinking a small amount of water. The kidney stones cause severe pain to the patient. The kidney stone can be cured by medicine if the size of the stone is normal. The surgery procedure cures the large size of kidney stones. Only medicines do not affect the stone of larger size. There are some types of stones.
Types of stones
Stones mainly have four types.
- Calcium oxalate: This type of kidney stone is created when calcium combines with oxalate in the urine. Inadequate calcium and fluid intake. Some other conditions contribute to the formation of calcium oxalate stones.
- Uric acid: This is also a very common type of kidney stone. These are made up of high concentrations of food like organ meats. Organ meat has a natural chemical compound known as purines. The intake of high purines may lead to a higher production of monosodium urate, and this forms stones.
- Struvite: These stones are caused by infections in the upper urinary tract, and they are not common. You can only see a few cases of this type of Stones.
- Cystine: These stones can reoccur, and they are rare and run in families. If your mother and father have cystine stones, then there is more risk of having stones.
Reason for kidney stones.
Several reasons are responsible for stones in the kidney.
- More crystal in urine: when the urine contains more crystal-forming substances like calcium, oxalate and uric acid. It is the fluid in urine that can dilute. There is a lack of substances that prevent the sticking of the crystals.
- Dehydration: drinking less amount of water not only causes dehydration, it also causes stones because of sodium deposits inside the kidneys, which further become stones of large size.
- Certain diets. A high protein, sodium, and sugar diet can be a reason for the high risk of kidney stones. It is true with a high-sodium diet. Overconsumption of salt in food causes stones.
- Obesity: High body mass index, large waist size and weight gain have been linked to an increased risk of kidney stones.
- Digestive diseases and surgery. Surgery for gastric bypass, inflammatory bowel disease, and chronic diarrhea can change the process of digestion. It affects the process of absorption of calcium and water, which is responsible for the increase in the amounts of stone-forming substances in your urine.
- Other medical conditions: some medical problems like Renal tubular acidosis, cystinuria, hyperparathyroidism and repeated urinary tract infections also can increase your risk of kidney stones.
- Certain supplements and medications: some supplements that contain vitamin C, dietary supplements, laxatives, calcium-based antacids, and certain medications used to treat migraines or depression can increase your risk of kidney stones.
Diagnose and the Treatment of Kidney stones
- Medical reports: Except for this, doctors need the reports of the KUB X-rays, which are special for knowing the size of the kidney stones and the report of the CT scan. For the treatment of the stone, doctors need the latest reports of urine and blood tests. The Urologist first examines your report to check the size of the stones. Then, they plan your treatment.
- Medication and surgery: The treatment for kidney stones is as similar as in children and adults. Doctors mostly asked to drink a lot of water because they wanted to pass the stones without surgery. You also get some medication to make your urine less acidic. But if it blocks the flow of urine, or there is a sign of infection, then it is removed with surgery. The Kidney Specialist in Ludhiana performs the surgery for kidney stones.
Insurance for Kidney stone surgery.
The cost of consultation, diagnosis and treatment are covered in the insurance policy. The other expenses like post treatment and for follow ups can get halved in the insurance policy. The insurances are beneficial for the middle class families. Insurance takes their treatment burden. In such a situation, medical insurance coverage allows the patient to avail a range of benefits from medical expenses to full-treatment coverage that can help in keeping your finances secure.
The eligibility criteria for the insurance of surgery of Kidney stones.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- The age of the applicant must be 18 years or above.
- The applicant must not have any pre-existing conditions related to kidney stones.
The surgery only takes 80-90 minutes to get completed but the recovery takes more time. You have to take care of yourself and you have to go for a checkup within a day.
For the best treatment of kidneys, patients should go to Khosla Stone Kidney. The Best Urologist in Ludhiana at our hospital provides you with the comprehensive treatment, you can rely on them for comprehensive care.