An enlarged Prostate is a cause of worry for every man in his 50s. That worry keeps on troubling them in their 60’s and 70’s too. Enlarged prostate is a sign of Benign Prostate Hyperplasia(BPH). It may sound serious, but this disease isn’t cancerous. Still, it troubles a lot of men in their 50s, as mentioned earlier. There are a lot of signs and symptoms of this disease. But even the occurrence of the smallest sign tells you to visit the Best Urologist in Ludhiana to get rid of this disease.
Identification of these problems can help you avoid future hindrances in your life. Although this disease can occur in the late 40s and keep on developing in the lifetime, this disease is present in almost every man. To avoid that, you can either undergo Enlarged Prostate Surgery in Ludhiana or opt for non-invasive treatment if the severity of the symptoms is less.
There are some signs and symptoms which should make you visit a doctor:
- Dribbling at the end of urinating.
- Inability to urinate(urinary retention).
- Incomplete emptying your bladder.
- Urge to urinate more than two times every night.
- Pain or blood while urinating.
- Slow or delayed start of the urinary system.
- Straining while urinating.
- Sudden and strong urge to urinate.
- Weak urine system.
There are specific exams and procedures you have to undergo apart from your medical history. These tests are:
- Urine Flow Rate.
- Post-void residual urine test to check the amount of urine left in your bladder after you urinate.
- Pressure-flow studies to determine the pressure of urine during urination.
- Urinalysis to check for blood in the urine.
- Urine culture to check for any infection.
- Prostate-specific antigen blood test to check for prostate cancer.
- Blood Urea Nitrogen(BUN) and creatinine tests
A form will be given to you to rate your symptoms and the experience you’re having with them. This form will let the doctors decide the seriousness of these symptoms.
Looking at the severity of the symptoms, the doctors will decide the treatment for you. Your other medical conditions before the occurrence of this disease will also be considered.
Watchful waiting, lifestyle changes, medicines, and surgery are parts of this treatment.
For people having only enlarged prostate, self-care methods will be sufficient for them.
You should also have an early examination to check whether you need changes in treatment.
There are some self-care methods you can take in case of mild symptoms:
- Urinate if you get the urge first. Go to the washroom at fixed times even when you don’t have an urge.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine, especially after dinner.
- Avoid drinking all the fluid at once. Spread out fluids all over the day. Do not take any liquid two hours prior to bed.
- Avoid medicines that contain decongestants and antihistamines.
- Keep yourself warm, and do not miss regular exercise. Cold weather and zero physical activity can deteriorate the symptoms.
- Nervousness and stress lead to more urination. Avoid stress at all costs.
Hence, you can avoid lower BPH symptoms with these steps.