Stones are made up of a collection of minerals and calcium. These are from various parts of the human body, such as the kidney, gallbladder, throat, mouth, nose and veins. Most human only knows about the two types of stones: kidney and gallbladder stones. Medicines can not treat gallbladder stones, but medicines can cure the stones in the kidney. For gallbladder stones, doctors from the Hospital of Gallstones Surgery in Ludhiana advise surgeries only. In some cases, it can be cured with medication. For the treatment of kidney stones, doctors give some medicines for melting the stone.
What are kidney stones?
Kidney stones are present in the kidney and are made up of crystal substances present in urine, such as calcium, oxalate, and uric acid.
Cause of kidney stone
The cause of kidney stones is mainly drinking too little water. Other reasons are doing more and very little exercise, obesity, weight loss surgery and consumption of food with too much salt and sugar. Consumption of more fructose increases the risk of kidney stones. Fructose is mainly found in table sugar and corn syrup.
Types of stones
Stones mainly have four types.
- Calcium oxalate: This type of kidney stone is created when calcium combines with oxalate in the urine. Inadequate calcium and fluid intake. Some other conditions contribute to the formation of calcium oxalate stones.
- Uric acid: This is also a very common type of kidney stone. These are made up of high concentrations of food like organ meats. Organ meat has a natural chemical compound known as purines. The intake of high purines may lead to a higher production of monosodium urate, and this forms stones.
- Struvite: These stones are caused by infections in the upper urinary tract, and they are not common.
- Cystine: These stones can reoccur, and they are rare and run in families.
Symptoms of kidney stones
There are two types of symptoms of kidney stones. If the tones are lodged into ureters and block the flow of urine, there are reasons for swelling in the kidney, which is painful.
There are some symptoms of it.
- You feel severe pain under the ribs
- Pain in lower abdomen and groins
- Pain in waves and fluctuating intensity
- Burning sensation and pain while urinating.
If it is normal, then its symptoms are
- Your urine is pink, red and brown colored
- Foul smells come from the urine
- The patient urinates in small amounts
- Feel nausea and vomiting
- If there is any infection, then the patient feels a fever
If a patient has any symptoms or signs, then he has to seek the Best Urologist in Ludhiana.
Diagnosis for kidney stones
For the checkup of kidney stones, the doctor needs the medical history of the patient, then he examines the patient physically and takes some imaging tests. Except for this, doctors need the reports of the KUB X-rays, which are special for knowing the size of the kidney stones and the report of the CT scan. For the treatment of the stone, doctors need the latest reports of urine and blood tests.
Treatment for kidney stones
The treatment for kidney stones is as similar as in children and adults. Doctors mostly asked to drink a lot of water because they wanted to pass the stones without surgery. You also get some medication to make your urine less acidic. But if it blocks the flow of urine, or there is a sign of infection, then it is removed with surgery.
The stones in the kidney also increase the risk of kidney failure because stones make the kidney weak, and weak organs easily get touched by the disease. For the best treatment of kidneys, patients should go to Khosla Stone Kidney & Surgical Centre.